Thursday 18 March 2010

Music Video Complete

17.03.10
Today I completed my music video on the editing suite and uploaded it to a DVD. I am very proud with what I came up with, it's completely different to what thought it would be like, it is much better and shows my skills. I have created a questionnaire to hand out to students who I will show the video too. To ensure my results are not biased, I am showing my work to the first year students at college.



This is the music video complete. I uploaded this onto Youtube so that the quality was better and looked like how an Indie band would promote their music.


This is my original copy of my video, the blogger website had to compress it, so that it would upload, however the quality was not very good.

Audience feedback
I got my audience feedback from one AS media class and one A2 media class, so that I could get a variety of ages. All together I collected 31 results, I asked them to rate on a scale of 1 (being very poor) and 10 (very good) on the following questions, here are the results;














My results show that my video is a success, no scores are below five which is a brilliant result and most people liked my video. However, I have noted that my weakness appeared to be the use of shots and locations used.

Mise en Scene
There are four locations in my video; the fairground, Beverly Westwood, the bands rehearsal room and the Blue Room at college. The fairground is a setting that I did not create myself, the idea of these shots is to show the business of the fairground using mainly shots from the night, creating the atmosphere with the lights. Beverly Westwood is one if the settings were the singer performs. The scenery is snowy, therefore the singer is wrapped up warm in a big coat to make him look cosy. The blue room footage is supposed to look like the singer is in a performance. To do this I put a backdrop down to cover the blue walls and used a spotlight on him and I used props such as a microphone. Finally the room were I filmed the band performance was not set up by me because it was where they always practised, however they let me direct the way the looked and performed so that it would work well with my video.

Edit
My video mainly contains straight cuts to go along with the busy atmosphere I wanted to create, furthermore I have used some dissolving transitions to suit some moments in the video for example towards the end I have used this transition when the singer is singing to who is meant to be his girlfriend. Also to stop the video from being tedious I have used film syntax to see the singer and scenery at different angles.

Cinematography
My video starts with quick editing using cuts, quicker cuts go along to the beats of the music. When the singer being to sing I still continue to use straight cuts along with film syntax, however the shots are much longer in order to see the singer singing. The shots do vary from Beverly Westwood scenery to the blue room shots to create voyeuristic pleasure. When the song words change to 'Keep on running, keep, keep on running..' which is repeated six times I over lapped images so that you could see two pieces of footage of once, one image was of the fairground from the top of the big wheel ride and over lapping shots of the singer and band performance. For the ending I have used the effect of over lapping images again of the fairground and then it fades to black and white which symbolises the name of the song 'farewell to the fairground' and then fades to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment