Monday 1 February 2010

Filming Schedule/Health and Safety

October 2009, in this period I got all my filming of the fairground complete. I have made back up plans because the fairground isn't permanent, I had to ensure I knew what to do if shots needed to be re-done. To re film any shots there is a Location in Bridlington that does have a permanent fairground along the seaside.
Due to weather conditions over the Christmas period, not much filming got done. It would have been perfect weather if I wanted to have snow in my video, however I do not. I need the weather to be dry, for easier use of the tripod and the camera.

February 2010, plans have been set to travel over a weekend to get filming in Bridlington (new location) complete. Also during the weekdays of college I am booking the theatre for my own use to film the performance.

21/22.February.2010, almost all filming done on these days. I have got all the recording done for the images of the singer singing outside. A new location has taken place due to weather, it was important I got the filming done so the change had to be made. I am no longer having footage of the singer on Bridlington beach, I changed the location to Beverly Westwood. On these two days of filming it had been snowing, it became an advantage because the new location looked beautiful in the snow. The last bit of filming to be done is the shots of the band performance, this will hopefully take a couple of hours maximum this week then I can start to edit the footage.

01. March 2010, all my filming is now complete and ready to start editing. In this time I got all the shots of the lead singer singing in the blue room at college, I have used a backdrop to cover the blue wall. The singer looks like he is performing in a concert with a microphone and lighting on him.

17. March 2010, Filming complete.


Health and Safety
It was important that I took health and safety into thought for my filming. The hardest part was filming at the fair, because it was mainly my own safety I had to be aware of. I always made sure that I had plenty of room around me to film so that I didn't get in peoples way and wasn't to close to any moving rides. When I did the filming in the big wheel I had a friend with me, whilst I filmed the fair, they kept hold of me so that I didn't lean to far or drop the camera because it was hand held.
When shooting at Beverly Westwood it was snowing. I firstly ensured my lead singer was wrapped up warm enough and we had a break every so often to get a hot drink. Also when I filmed the girl she didn't have much warm clothing on so I had a spare coat and gloves for her to wear when she wasn't being filmed. To protect the camera I put a plastic board down for the tripod to stand upon and also I brought a waterproof sheet to cover over the camera to protect it from getting wet from the snow.
Finally when filming in the blue room, I ensured that all wires from the lighting was taped down, so that no one could trip over them. I also cleared away any boxes or folders that were in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment