Wednesday 18 November 2009

Location

October
The main location I have used is a fairground in Hull. I have recorded during the day to show the emptiness and on the night to show the busy atmosphere. The reason I chose to film a fairground was to relate to the lyrics and luckily the Hull fair was there at the right time for me to have that part of the filming done.
Using the same location as the fairground I will film a lead singer, who will be singing the lyrics to the song 'Farewell to the fairground'. The fairground will no longer be there so it will be an empty location to represent 'farewell' to the fairground. For the majority of this part the singer will be walking and singing towards the camera, as if he is walking away from the fairground.
Another location I am considering to use is a Coffee House were I will record a band who will represent White Lies, therefore I will have images of them to edit into the video, which will help promote who the band are.

Update on 03.02.2010

New plans for my video to confirm. Hull Fair location is still being used, due to filming of it already been done, however if any shots need to be re taken, there is a Fairground that is around all year in Bridlington. Therefore I do have a backup plan.
My idea of filming in a Coffee House has been erased. For easy access I am going to film the band performance in the theatre at college, this allows me to control lighting effects and create the atmosphere I want.
Also a new location is in position, Bridlington because I think in order for my video to differ from the original music video by Whitelies, I need to change some shots. Such as the singer walking towards the camera singing, this is used in the original video and my aim is to create a video of my own. This new idea will consist of my lead singer singing on the beach in Bridlington, it will represent the place the singer likes to go to have some alone time from things happening in life. It will not involve as many shots of him walking towards the camera, more of him sitting on the beach, singing to himself. I will also edit some shots of the singer with the girlfriend that appears at the end of the video too, as a home video type style.

21/22 February 2010
New update the location of the beach has also been arranged, simply because the day I planned to film it had snowed therefor was hard to travel there. On the same day I decided to go film at Beverly Westwood, which did infact benefit more, because the snow looked much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment