Tuesday 20 October 2009

Audience research

A target audience is a primary group of people a particular text is aimed at appealing to.
To find out more about the target audience I am looking for to match the song I have chosen, I am going to create a questionnaire to hand out to people to find out more about them, their likes, dislikes and music interest. This will help to produce a music video targeted at them, I will have the ability to create a video they will enjoy.


The song I have chosen for my music video is 'Farewell to the fairground - White lies', in order to discover my target audience I need to get some background information on the band. To help do this I visited their website http://www.whitelies.com/. On this site I found out they are a British Indie Rock Band with a lot of involvement with Q Magazine, a popular music magazine. They have a nomination for the MTV 'Push' awards and have been nominated for the Best New Act 2009. They have performed at some festivals such as the Reading Festival and Leeds Festival, which are big British events. These festivals are usually targeted at 16-22 year old Students, which gives me an idea of the target audience for White Lies.

Instead of handing a self report styled questionnaire, I have now created a miniture poll along the side of my blogger, including finding out peoples age, gender and likes/dislikes about music videos and my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment